Well, when I say tidal wave, it will seem like it took me hours and like i gathered thousands of pics. In reality, I will probably only end up with 5.
They vill be five good ones. :)
Some pencils by Yours Truly :)
And a floating hibiscis by the same!
you'd have to see it to believe it, eh?, Doc Tony?
A really rad pic by vaneska~tHOmz!
Cute Paris piccy from Payuta Louro!
Retro Chair-O-Plane fun from manganite!
Oh I love fisheye lenses!! Thank you toA.aFoudry!
My sort of Jack-O-Lantern!! Thanks jpghouse!
This is a-freaking-mazing!! You rock Sweetz_eyez!
I was looking for a rad guitar pic, but just couldn't go past this! Ta, Jordan Kiley!
YAY! More than five! YAY!!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Thanks to jeffelix69.
I was randomly trawling the Internet (as you do when you're bored and on holiday) and I came across a few sites with little 'Things to do before you turn 21/18/etc.'
So I thought I'd put them on here, and see just how many things I have to accomplish over 5 years.
Wish me luck! :)
This one was found on the seventeen.com website.
1. Take a road trip.
Nope, still gotta do this. I have to get my licence first...going for my Ls next Tuesday!!
2. Learn to play a musical instrument.
Yep. Achieved by a mile... guitar, bass, drums, piano, trumpet, etc.
3. Go skinny-dipping!
Did this when I was a kid, but that doesn't count, right? Hmm, well I DO live near the beach now...
4. Save $1,000.
Oh man, I'm so far off this one...
5. Know your grandparents.
Done, done, done.
6. Buy a lottery ticket.
soon as I'm 18... until then...
7. Win an award.
Been there, done that. Many-a-time. But I'm modest :)
8. Say "I love you."
9. Learn to drive a stick shift.
Manual in Aussie terms. Well, I'm getting my ls next week (fingers crossed!!)
10. Milk a cow.
How random. Done.
11. Forgive someone.
I try not to hold grudges anyway. So, done.
12. Have your fortune told.
Good idea. I should do this sometime.
13. Go to a drive-in.
Drive in movie I assume? Hell yes I wanna do this!! Retro much!?
14. Do your own laundry.
I would be naked if I didn't.
15. Ride a horse.
Done. Yay for me!
16. Donate your formal dresses.
I think I'll wear them first.
17. See the ocean.
I live near it. Taste the ocean lol
18. Waitress at least once.
Done this one too. The first time was at a year 12 formal. It was actually pretty bad. One of my mates managed to spill a raspberry mocktail, and it manage to splat a bit on one poor girl's back. Whoops.
19. See one thing that is "the world's largest."
Done. Several times. The Big Banana, The Big Pineapple, The Big Merino, The Big Prawn, The Big Trout... etc etc.
20. Leave the country.
Sooo gotta do. I wanna go to England.
21. Learn how to love your body.
Work in progress, I think.
VERDICT: I have done 12 out of 21 things I should do.
And from ListAfterList.com we have 18 things to do before you turn 18.
1. Ride the world's biggest roller coaster. Dare to keep your eyes open and hands in the air for the whole ride. Hmm good idea. I should really do that!! I love roller coasters!
2. Bungee jump. Scared? At 700ft, the Bloukran's river bridge in South Africa is the biggest. Hell yes, i wanna do this too!
3. Score the winning goal/basket. Remind all your friends at every given opportunity. I'm the goalie. I save the winning goals.
4. Win an award, trophy or prize. Write that acceptance speech and thank the world. Done. But I haven't given a thank you speech.
5. Learn to play an instrument. No air guitar Wow. They really DO want us to learn eh?
6. Go backstage at a gig. It'll be something you'll boast about for years to come. Hmm, might go to a gig first. Joking. I just haven't been backstage.
7. Meet your idol. Being a celebrity stalker might not go down well. I met Kevin Rudd. That count?
8. Play a part in your favorite TV show. Be an extra and learn to speak without talking. Dude, we're meant to do this all before we're 18? Come off it.
9. Meet someone with your own name. With a world population of 6 billion, it should be easy. Especially if you're name's John Smith.
10. Make a discovery. Whatever the discovery, make sure it's named after you. Again i say-before we're 18?!
11. Get away with the perfect practical joke. Be careful of retaliation; it could end in tears. Oh, I love it!
12. Own a pointless collection. One person's junk is another person's prized possession. My whole room is full of it. Brilliant!
13. Invent a word that makes it into the dictionary. Make it a part of your crew's lingo. It made it into urban dictionary. That's enough, right?
14. Conquer your biggest fear. If you're too scared, try hypnotism. I have no fear. I am the greatest!! What IS my biggest fear?
15. Raise money for charity. Get some exercise by signing up for a charity road race. Ah, the old Good Samaritan act. Been there, done that.
16. Pass your driving test the first time. Go straight to the next task. Oh, believe me, I will. I hope. Next week!! ARGH!
17. Complete a road trip coast to coast. Route 66 originally ran from Chicago to Santa Monica. Yeah, well, I'm in Australia. My coastal road trip was moving up here from southern NSW.
18. Reach 18 years of age. Embrace old age. Hey, the arthritis is bad enough at 16.
"Man who stand on toilet high on pot."